[Squeakland] [Q]Some questions about scripting an eToy player

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Wed Jan 14 23:52:35 PST 2004

Hi Darius --

Here are some answers from the enduser's point of view.

At 1:07 PM -0800 1/14/04, Darius Clarke wrote:
>Dear Squeakland team,
>
>I've developed a couple questions recenty:
>
>- Which Morphs/eToy players have extra scripts attached to them?
>Here is such an example, the Text morph whose menu is attached here to this
>message.
>
>- Where is this documented so I can find out such things for myself?

For endusers, it isn't. It's assumed that the EU will get a viewer
for the object in question and look at the bottom of  the category
menu. This was more of an experiment than a feature, and we intended
to make such a category for most morphs. We will do this in the next
version of the system.

>_______
>
>- How can I change the #rotationCenter in an eToy player's script?
>- The the #rotationCenter in relation too what point in the player?

I'm not sure what you mean here -- change the rotation center using
an etoy script? If so, there is no route for this. To change the
rotation center "by hand" you can shift drag it.

>_______
>
>- Does the Croquet mailing list still work?
>     http://mail.opencroquet.org/pipermail/croquet-user/

I think so.

>_______
>
>- Where do I send my "SqueakDebug-3251534861.log" files?

Michael Reuger or Scott Wallace.

Cheers,

Alan