[Squeakland] saving squeak projects

David Wells dwells at wildwood.cps.k12.il.us
Wed Jan 28 08:33:51 PST 2004

Hi all -

I'm the technology teacher at a small (ca 350 kids) K-8 elementary
school in Chicago, and am just starting to excitedly experiment with
Squeak with a couple of classes that I teach.

We've got a lab of 18 iMacs (running OS9), all connected to a central
Apple G4 that we use as a server.  All of our kids have individual
password protected access to a folder of their own on the server.  In
addition, we're running a protection program (FoolProof) to keep kids
from messing around with the hard drive, etc.

My question:  Is there an easy way to have kids publish their projects
to our server?  Right now, they're just publishing them to the "My
Squeak" folder on their individual machines, but I can see this
becoming problematic quite soon.  I've come into teaching computers
through the back door (having taught art and been a classroom teacher,
worked in museums, done a bit of graphic design, etc.), so I am an
utter Newbie (note the capital 'N') with most things technical.

thanks for your help!

David Wells