[Squeakland] [NEWBIE] Video Streaming w/ Squeak Client?

John Maloney jmaloney at media.mit.edu
Fri Jul 23 16:12:22 PDT 2004

Hi, Joseph.

Wow, you've been a Smalltalk fan for a very long time!

There's no support in Squeak for video streaming over a network connection, as far
as I know.

There is support for Squeak to play old-style MPEG movies. (Note: it doesn't work with
the newer MPEG-4 format as far as I know.) This is supported via the MPEG plugin, which
runs on Windows and Macintosh for sure, and may run on Unix/Linux as well.

To experiment, get a MoviePlayerMorph from the "new morph" menu.

My information may be a little out of date; hopefully someone will jump in and
correct me if I'm wrong.

	-- John