[Squeakland] Cut off Date for SqueakFest '04 approaching soon!

Kim Rose kim.rose at squeakland.org
Wed Jun 2 16:14:45 PDT 2004

Greetings, Squeaklanders -

Just another reminder about SqueakFest '04.   We're going to cut off
the registration process soon.   There are currently over 50
registrants from many countries including Japan, Brazil, Canada,
Germany and California (oh!  We just *want* to be our own
country...nevermind).

We are establishing a registration cut-off date of June 15th to
enable continued planning for the agenda, food and beverage, etc.,
etc., as we need real numbers to plan these details of the conference.

Perhaps most importantly,  the hotels need to know -- especially the
Columbia College housing should you desire...(a deposit 1 month prior
to arrival is due for the College ResCenter -- please see the housing
web page for details.)  Housing at the ResCenter is limited so please
do not delay!

All SqueakFest '04 details can be found here:
http://www.squeakland.org/images/news/html/sqfest04.htm

So, please, even if you have registered,  but have yet to book your
housing, please do so soon!

Thanks to those of you who have registered and offered to give talks,
participate in a panel to share your experiences,  or lead a workshop.

There's going to be great offerings for many "levels" of Squeakers --
from newbies, to those of you already playing with Etoys in the K-12
arena to those in higher ed.

Wade and I look forward to seeing you in Chicago!
More details to come in the following weeks.....
best,
Kim & Wade