[Squeakland] Who is this list mainly intended for?

Shelagh Manton oneida at tpg.com.au
Fri Mar 5 16:00:03 PST 2004

Hello,
I just joined this list today and have been briefly scanning old maessages
(or aleast those from last month). Is this list for children using squeak,
or for those who hope to help those learning squeak?

I am a home educating parent who stumbled across the concept of small talk
in a throw out book from our local library. I was interested enough to
search for it on google and came up with squeak eventually. My edest son
has aspirations to learning C++. And I thought smalltalk sounded like a
good place to get your head around the concept of Oops. We used to use
MSWLogo, but while I liked it a lot, my son disdained it as being too
uncool or maybe just not commercially relevant.

Hear form you soon, Shelagh