[Squeakland] Why not an "intermediary " list ?

Remi Sussan rsussan at noos.fr
Wed Mar 10 13:08:37 PST 2004

My main reason for pointing out that the
"squeak.org" site is for a more technical
audience is just as you point out -- there's a
lot more "traffic" on that list and I would
believe 90% of the content there is not of
interest or relevant to this readership.
However, I do think that threads re creating new
Squeak-based "apps" would be of great interest.
So, please, folks, let's explore these things.

Personally, I'd rather have "one list" for a
variety of threads instead of a number of fora
that I'll need to continually check/monitor,
etc., but that's just my preference.

Great! if indeed we may discuss Squeak applications here on Squeakland, a
new mailing list may in fact be unnecessary (especially if Michael provides
forums on technical questions). I think indeed Squeakland "atmosphere" is
much more favorable for discussion between "newbies", or even
non-professional programmers . Don't get me wrong, I have always found
people on the developper list  fine and helpful; but the level is obviously
very high, and I frequenly don't even dare to ask a question, even less
start a discussion, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this case!

Bye!
Remi