[Squeakland] Why not an "intermediary " list ?

Oca Emilio eoca at afip.gov.ar
Wed Mar 10 09:31:23 PST 2004

Hi Remi

> Yes, the intermdiary level is "more technical" although not much "too
> technical". I'm especially interested, as I said, in multimedia issues
> (Wonderland, sounds and music, images...) and using squeak in the writing
of
> multimedia applications, i.e. games, encyclopedia, cultural products, etc.
The general-purpose Squeak developers list is the ideal place for "more
technical although not much" issues including the ones you enumerate.
I am afraid that the idea of extra lists/forums was rejected on the
Squeak-dev list for reasons very like the ones Kim gave you.

> Great! if indeed we may discuss Squeak applications here on Squeakland, a
> new mailing list may in fact be unnecessary (especially if Michael
provides
> forums on technical questions). I think indeed Squeakland "atmosphere" is
> much more favorable for discussion between "newbies", or even
> non-professional programmers . Don't get me wrong, I have always found
> people on the developper list  fine and helpful; but the level is
obviously
> very high, and I frequenly don't even dare to ask a question, even less
> start a discussion, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this case!
Well, I suggest you to dare.
"newbies" questions are common in Squeak-dev list and appropriately
answered.
Squeakers of all levels populate the list and even newbies dare to answer
sometimes :).
I cannot change your sense of 'atmosphere' but, please, give Squeak-dev list
a try.

Regards.

	Emilio