[Squeakland] another "Squeak Event" in NYC!

Kim Rose kim.rose at squeakland.org
Sat Mar 13 21:34:44 PST 2004

Dear Squeaklanders,
I am passing this annoucement along from NYC colleagues -- you are
most welcome to attend!  Hope you can make it...
cheers,
Kim

Squeak in NYC Schools
Please join us for our next meeting to be held Wed. 31st

Presenter's Bio:

Seth Orbach is Director of Academic Technology at St. Bernard's School in
New York City.  He has a B.A. in Architecture from Yale College and a M.A.
in Mathematics Education from Teachers College, Columbia University.  He
first began teaching Squeak to fifth graders at Trevor Day School several
years ago after hearing Alan Kay speak at the NYSAIS Conference on
Information Technology in November of 2001.

Presentation Abstract:
"E-Toys is a version of Squeak designed for use with school-aged children.  I
will present some of the introductory lessons that I use with students, some
of the more advanced challenges, and examples of student work from my 3
years of teaching with this tool.  I will also discuss and demonstrate the
pedagogy used in my constructivist classrooms."

Details: