[Squeakland] [ANN] New updates and installers

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fri Mar 19 23:36:43 PST 2004

  Hi, Karl,

> > - renaming variables is back! Thanks to Yoshiki and Scott this feature
> > is now actually working and has therefor been re-enabled.
>
> Great. Cound renaming scripts also be fixed ?

  Ah, yes, I have a version that does the best effort to rename
scripts.

  However, there is no 'perfect way' to rename scripts interactively.
Suppose a script name (let's say "script1") is stored in a variable of
an object (let's say "Obj1's var1").  And there are two objects (let's
say Obj2 and Obj3) that implement 'script1'.  If we write a tile
something like:

  Obj2 startScript: Obj1's var1.
  Obj3 startScript: Obj1's var1.

then renaming Obj2's script1 cause a problem.  (One argument is that
which problem is a good problem that let the user do exploratory stuff
with minimal pain.  So, this may be ok.)

  I also wrote a non-interactive rename scripts function.  In this
case, all reference to a symbol being renamed is changed at once, so
the a working system stays working.

  I'll make up a changeset as soon as possible...

-- Yoshiki