[Squeakland] Plugin does not work for me?

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Mon Mar 22 10:58:53 PST 2004

Hi Gary,

Am 22.03.2004 um 10:25 schrieb Gary Frederick:

> Here is a screen shot of the error
>   http://www.jsoft.com/tmp/squeakErr1.png

This is the Squeak Debugger, something you should not see if everything
works as intended ;-)

But it will help in narrowing the cause for this bug. Could you please
select the line that reads
"DosFileDirectory(FileDirectory)>>assureExistance", then select "self"
in the lower left pane, and tell us what directory's existence it tries
to make sure?

> I did not get a SqueakDebug*.log anywhere. I looked in C:\Program
> Files\squeak\plugin and did not see an error log.

Is it possible that "C:\Program Files\Squeak\Plugin" is not writable?
The plugin tries to create a subdirectory there (I suspect this is
causing the error). Also, debug logs would be written there if it was
writable.

Michael: Perhaps nowadays we should not write in the "Program Files"
directory, but rather in "My Files"?

- Bert -