[Squeakland] 'Help Us Grow' campaign is launched

Kim Rose kim.rose at squeakland.org
Mon May 24 07:50:15 PDT 2004

Dear Squeaklanders -

I am writing to announce Viewpoints Research Institute's first "Help
us Grow" fundraising drive.  If you'll take a look at
http://www.squeakland.org, you'll see the details of our campaign.

As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization it is incumbent upon us to
solicit and receive funds from individuals, corporations and other
grant-making agencies to keep our tax exempt status, and enable
ongoing work.

This is the first time we're appealing to you, our community, for
your help, not only/necessarily for your contribution, but for your
help to spread the word, share Squeak with others, and use your own
networks to help us raise funds so that we can continue to develop
the Squeak and Etoy frameworks, the website, and this community.

In the spirit of open source development and shareware, we ask for
your help to allow us to continue our research, development, sharing
and dissemination effort.

We thank you again for being a part of Squeakland, and for your help
in raising funds for our organization.   Please forward this mail to
anyone you know that might be interested in contributing to our
efforts.

best regards,
Kim