[Squeakland] Newbie installation question - security system fails

Herb Schilling hschilling at nasa.gov
Mon Oct 18 10:18:26 PDT 2004

Hi,

  I am using an HP laptop running Windows XP. Because of the way the
admins want things, I have to install Squeak under and admin account
and then run it from a non-admin account.

  Everything works fine from the admin account.

  From the admin account, I am prompted for the location of the image
file. I found the one that the admin installed.

While "Initializing security system...", I get:

"An error has occurred. You should probably just hit abandon. Sorry"

When I choose Debug I see a call stack that includes code that refers
to SecurityKeys a lot. I also tried to Abandon and then I seem to be
able to run normally anyway!

Does this have to do with some permissions on the files ? How do I
fix this problem?

Also, I can only see half of the bottom row of Supplies even in the
admin account.

Thanks in advance!
--
Herb Schilling
NASA Glenn Research Center
hschilling at nasa.gov

If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is
on fire - then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience.
-Robert Fulghum