[Squeakland] Newbie installation question - security system fails

Michael Rueger michael at squeakland.org
Thu Oct 21 00:56:13 PDT 2004

Herb Schilling wrote:

> Does this have to do with some permissions on the files ? How do I fix
> this problem?

You should first run Squeak under the admin account so Squeak can create
this security file (it contains a key that is used to sign projects).

After that you should be fine as long as you have write permission to
the c:\My Squeak directory.

If you need to change the location of your user directory you can add
somthing like

[Security]
UserDirectory="d:\mike\squeak"

to the squeak.ini file located in the squeak plugin directory (where
squeak.exe resides).

> Also, I can only see half of the bottom row of Supplies even in the
> admin account.

Could you send a screenshot of this? I can't really imagine how that
looks like...

Cheers

Michael