[Squeakland] (no subject)

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at merida.uned.es
Wed Apr 13 13:16:33 PDT 2005

Hello, I am working in something that maybe would fulfill  your needs. I
am doing three kind of exercises (in my case is for english teachers in
Spain, so the tools should be good for your case). I attach a screenshot
of the two tools I have already finished: a matching pairs game and a
multiple choice game. The last one is a filling-the-blanks game and it
is not finished yet. For each one I have prepared the generator of the
exercise for the teacher and the exercise for the student. In my case I
have made the generator able to import exercises from the hotpotatoes
tool. This is a very used and known application in foreign language
teachers in Spain. The behaviour of the exercise is slightly different
of the behaviour in that tool, but the teacher can import his old
exercises.
There could be some problems with my code:
- I have coded it in spanish, i.e. the names of the methods and
variables are in spanish and if you want to modify the code it could be
not easy to understand what they want to do.
- It is not finished, but I hope to finish it at the end of the next
week.
- It is my first smalltalk project, so I am doing it while I learn to
use the language, so, don't hope to find a wonderful code.
- It has being made over the SmallLand image (www.small-land.org) we use
here,and I have not tested it on the SqueakLand image. There should not
be problems because both images have a common root in August 2004, but
you never know...

If you think this could be useful for you, tell it to me and I will send
you the changesets when I finish it.

Regards.

El mié, 13-04-2005 a las 14:17 +0100, aimee.hilliard2 at mail.dcu.ie