[Squeakland] Call for Participation - C5-06

Kim Rose kim.rose at squeakland.org
Tue Aug 2 09:19:34 PDT 2005

Hi, folks -

We're announcing the fourth "C5" Conference,  previously held in
Kyoto, Japan.  Viewpoints is a sponsor and partner.  We'd love your
participation.  Please see the website (url below) and share with
colleagues, etc.  See proceedings from past conferences (on the site)
to get a feel for past papers and participants.
cheers,
   -- Kim

CALL FOR PROPOSALS
"C5-06"
THE FOURTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
ON CREATING, CONNECTING, AND COLLABORATING
THROUGH COMPUTING

JANUARY 26-27, 2006
BERKELEY, CA

http://www.db.soc.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/c5-06/

Scope
Computers and networks now touch the lives of us all, from the
youngest to the eldest members of the information society. The way we
use them today, as passive consumers of human-based computer
activities, must undergo radical improvement if we are to evolve into
a true knowledge society. Effectively supporting active creation,
connection and collaboration among all members of the knowledge
society will be essential for future computer-based human activities.
The C5 conference is for researchers, developers and computer users
who are concerned about these issues. It is an international forum
for presenting ongoing work and discussing future needs and
directions in the areas of creative and collaborative computing and
multimedia authoring environments -- for work, play and learning. We
welcome equally the submission of technical papers and
practitioner/experience reports.

Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include but not limited to:

Development and applications of wide area collaboration enviroment

User collaboration utilizing 3D, multimedia, and animation objects

Technologies for creating educational environments

Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL)

Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), virtual teaming,
distributed work,
					and e-collaboration

Hybrid technology activities, such as scientific experiments,
instrumentation, robots, and game playing