[Squeakland] viewer behavior in a Book

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Fri Aug 5 12:15:59 PDT 2005

Hi, Randy,

Sorry, no.  Flaps can only reside along the edges of the main Squeak window.

However, perhaps for your purposes you might want to try using an old
variant of Viewers in which they don't live in flaps, but rather
appear as simple objects that you can place anywhere on the screen.
To get this behavior, turn off the "viewersInFlaps" option.

A word of caution:  no attention has been given to
viewers-NOT-in-flaps in Squeak since we switched to using flaps for
viewers, years ago, so it wouldn't be surprising if some things might
be a bit broken.

But I just tried turning the viewersInFlaps preference off and opened
some viewers and everything actually still seemed to work very well,
so maybe it's worth giving that a try.

Cheers,

   -- Scott