[Squeakland] Please help us test "Squeakland05"

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at merida.uned.es
Tue Aug 23 08:35:38 PDT 2005

El sáb, 30-07-2005 a las 13:48 -0700, Kim Rose escribió:
> Dear Squeaklanders --
>
> Greetings.  We've been working hard to ready an updated and improved
> "Squeakland image" intended to be the standard base for us to use in
> the 2005-06 school year.
>
> It is important that it be well-tested before putting it up on the
> Squeakland website, so that schools can install for the new year,
> etc.   So, we are now asking you to help us with that testing now and
> throughout SqueakFest.
>
> The new image can be downloaded from one of these sites:
>
> http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/~andreas/Squeakland05.zip
> http://www.impara.de/~andreas/Squeakland05.zip
> http://squeakalpha.org/squeakland05/Squeakland05.zip

I think I have discovered another bug in the squeakland 05 image:
When choosing a ttf font as the default system font (I have tested it
with bitstream vera sans,12,  normal), changing the image language
launches an error. I have tested it in a clean 3.8.6665 image and the
error doesn't raise, so it should be due to some of the squealand newest
changesets.

The steps to raise the error are easy:
World menu->appearance->system fonts->Default text fonts, and choose
bistream vear sans
Then World menu-> Help->Set language -> Choose any language, I have
tested it with Deustch and spanish and the error raises:
Message non understood. TTCFont >>fontArray.
The error is when the system evaluates: TextStyle defaultFont fontArray
The code is waiting for a TTCFontSet from "TextStyle defaultFont" and
when using ttf fonts it receives a TTFFont instead.

Hope this helps.