[Squeakland] squeak newbie hear - asking newbie question

Yael Yankelev yyankele at stern.nyu.edu
Tue Dec 6 07:18:57 PST 2005

Hi Kim,

I haven't purchased the book yet.  Though I did purchase the documentary
film which was really informative and fun.
I'm really surprised that there isn't more free documentation available.

I do work for the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning at the
Stern School of Business at NYU, but my interest in Squeak is actually
for my Masters work at the NYU Steinhardt School of Ed. in the
Educational Communications and Technologies program. Right now I am just
doing some exploratory work with Squeak with the potential of
incorporating it into my  Masters Thesis.

I should be thanking you!  Your and the rest of the Squeak team's work
is an inspiration.

Best,
Yael

Kim Rose wrote:

> Hello, Yael -
> Have you gotten a copy of "Powerful Ideas in the Classroom"?
> http://www.squeakland.org/sqmedia/books/order.html
> If not, I think you'd find it helpful.
> Are you at NYU?  Stern school?  I am curious about your use
> of/interest in Etoys...???
> thanks for your support!
> Kim
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've managed to familiarize myself with the basics EToys functionality
>> but I can't for the life me figure out how to import say a  jpg, or gif
>> into a Squeak project.. I've even looked through other projects that
>> have imported images, and still can't figure out how they got in there.
>>
>> Can someone give me a few hints on how to do this?  Is there a favorite
>> how-to doc that everyone uses somewhere?  I've done all the tutorials
>> and quickstart on SqueakLand, is there anything out there that will take
>> me further?
>>
>> Yael

Yael Yankelev
Assistant Director, Educational Technology

Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning
NYU Stern School of Business

212-998-0996
yyankele at stern.nyu.edu <mailto:ccappiel at stern.nyu.edu>
http://www.stern.nyu.edu/Faculty/citl