[Squeakland] resizing doesn't stick in holder animation

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Fri Dec 9 07:32:45 PST 2005

I'm still confused by this behavior and apparent solution.  For starters,
where exactly do you put/use the scale factor tile?  I've attached the
situation I was describing - which doesn't produce the desired behavior.  I
can imagine that a child/user would expect wysiwyg of items in the Holder
and would expect to see the sketch animate/change size -- I certainly did.

Aside: once again, I'm learning something interesting about Squeak that I
didn't know.  In this case, the interplay between a sketch's Scale halo and
the scalefactor tile in the Geometry category.  I now understand that the
scalefactor is a global scale whereas the Scale halo allows for x/y scaling
and doesn't affect the scalefactor - even, for example, when you would hold
Shift to maintain aspect ratio.  I also realize that once you do change the
scalefactor, you can no longer do x/y scaling (independently) using the
halo.

--Randy