[Squeakland] reflection symmetry

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Tue Feb 1 15:57:23 PST 2005

I'm attempting to perform a 2-D reflection symmetry on an object by doing a
left-right flip 180 degs - as depicted in the attached jpg (assuming it
comes across OK).  Basically what I've done is sketched 1/2 of a
(bilaterally symmetric) leaf, moved its rotation center to the axis of
reflection, and in a script:

  Sketch's rotationStyle - flip left right
  Sketch turn by 180

However, when I execute the script, the object gets flipped "in place",
about the center of the object (as if I'd never moved the rotation center),
rather than about the rotation center as I desired.  In fact, moving the
rotation center anywhere has no effect on the flip action.

Suggestions?

--Randy