[Squeakland] selecting colors

Tim Andrews timoandrews at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 06:47:34 PST 2005

Randy,

This is actually one of the nicest small features of the squeak UI.  You can
change the color of any object to match any other color visible on the
screen by simply placing the cursor over the color you desire with the color
palette open on the object whose color you're trying to change, and then
clicking the mouse.  The complete procedure is:

* open a color palette on object B
* move the cursor over object A (note that in the upper right corner of the
color picker the color will change to show the color under the cursor.  This
is the color that will be used if you click at any point)
* click the mouse

The actual RGB values are not available as etoy tiles as far as I know.
However they are trivially available in the development environment.  I
don't know if that's relevant; if you're interested let me know.

cheers-
Tim