[Squeakland] wsyiwyg printing; replicate obj

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Mon Feb 7 16:35:00 PST 2005

First, thanks to everyone who's replied to my recent numerous questions -
Alan, Ned, etc.  I feel like I'm putting myself through a crash course in
Squeak - and loving it.  In reference to one of Alan's replies, I was aware
of Squeak's wonderful object oriented design, but just didn't appreciate it
in practice.  I'm starting to...

Q1: I've created a Book and would like to print it out (this is for a
poster).  I've tried the Book Menu -> copy & print -> postscript, but the
end result is, well, weird.  Text has extra spacing, graphics from one Page
appear on another, arrows have their borders drawn, etc.  Not surprising
really, given my past experience with postscript generation.  So, my
question is - how do people print projects?  I'll probably just use the Menu
-> export -> PNG for each page and print that way.  More laborious, but the
result is nice.

Q2: replicating an object in a script.  I've learned (from my student) of
the 'sketch stamp' which does this - and I found it when doing a 'Search' on
'stamp' in the Viewer.  Is the 'stamp' also in one of the viewer's
categories (basic|scripts|etc.)?  If so, I couldn't find it.

Thanks again, Randy
p.s. I'm getting close to putting my project on a web page and will notify
the list when I do.  There's always "just one more thing I'd like to try..."
:)