[Squeakland] resizing objs in playfield

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Feb 13 16:00:27 PST 2005

On Sunday 13 February 2005 8:25 am, Randy Heiland wrote:
> I have sketch1 and sketch2 which I want to 'joint' into a single object (so
> that I can resize it and have both of them be resized).  I thought perhaps
> putting/embedding each of the sketches into a playfield would allow that,
> but resizing the playfield doesn't resize the sketches themselves.
> Suggestions?

If they don't have to remain distinct, you could just make a new sketch that
contains the other sketches' images (stick them on a solid-colored background
and just do an image grab to make a new sketch).

If they can be arranged into a column or row, then you can use the existing
support for table layouts.

Just put them in the correct relationship to each other, and do a shift-drag
to select them both. Then choose 'place into a column' or 'place into a row'
as appropriate.

You will get them both wrapped into an AlignmentMorph. Bring the new Morph's
menu up and choose layout/table layout and uncheck 'rubber band cells'.

Now bring up the menus of each of the embedded morphs, and choose
'layout/child layout/horizontal resizing/space fill' and/or 'layout/child
layout/vertical resizing/space fill' as desired. Now when you scale the new
(parent) morph the inner ones will be stretched in zero, one, or two
dimensions as desired.

Note that you don't want "smooth image" turned on in the sketches.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com