[Squeakland] portuguese version

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Feb 15 06:09:37 PST 2005

Paulo Drummond wrote on Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:14:14 -0200
> I'm translating Squeak to (Brazilian) Portuguese. I'm a bit late on
> this, but I expect to have it done by the beginning of next month.
> Please note that this first batch will be deeply revised before
> publication, so I guess you may have to wait a little bit more.

Great! I promised to try to find some time to do this early last year
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/st-br/message/35) but I wasn't able to.
Note that I was talking about a full translation using Diego's Babel
software, not just adding a Vocabulary for eToys. I suspect the latter
would take from four to five hours to do. And it might be easier to
integrate into the current SqueakLand version (I don't know if it
includes Babel), which is what Monica wants.

-- Jecel
P.S.: feel free to join us in that group for discussions in Portuguese
about Squeak and other Smalltalks