[Squeakland] Some questions regarding 'supplies'

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Mon Feb 28 12:59:52 PST 2005

  Randy,

> I'd like to play with your kedama.  However, I'm still a newbie to this
> Squeak image updating procedure.  On your kedama web page, "Get started,
> (bullet 2) Get the SAR file and install it into the image".  Exactly how
> does one do that?  I'm running Squeakland 3.8.xxx on Windows mostly (but
> also Linux & OS X).

  Thank you.  The easiest on Windows is to drop 'kedama24.sar' into
the running Squeak window.  If the computer is connected to the
Internet, it should download one additional file and install it
automatically.  Then you can save the image by:

  * Clicking the desktop,
  * Press ESC or Alt-shift-w to get the "world menu"
  * "save" from the menu.

  Note that this permanently changes the image that Squeak plugin
uses.  You can say 'save as...'

> More generally, to the Viewpoints Research folks, can you forsee making
> kedama just another 'update' for when we get new updates?

  We could do this now.  Let us think about it.  I have a few more
changes in my mind (meaning not materialized as a form of code^^;) but
probably it would be wise to include it for coming UCLA class, etc.

-- Yoshiki