[Squeakland] Help recovering, part 3

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 24 22:18:08 PST 2005

On January 24, 2005 11:20 am, Bob Irving wrote:

<<snip>>

> How do I then avoid loading the copy of the project which is gridded?
> Is there a way to load the original and go from there?  And I did try to
> revert to the previous project, but the previous project had the same
> problem, so that was not editable either.

Does this mean that you have a project that, after starting Squeak, displays a
grid, you are able to "go back to previous project" and "Publish", but it
hangs again on the "grid version"? If something like that happens, you should
see a file named SqueakDebug.log - you may want to search for that name in
the filesystem, perhaps start in the "working directory" of the icon which
runs squeak.

Anyway, I had such "corrupted project" situation in the past and was able to
salvage it with Ned's help. There is likely more than one reason for this,
and I find in general later versions of Squeak are much more robust for such
problems.

If you like, I can try to look at the project and try to fix it (no guarantees
of succcess), email me and I'd give you my ftp address where you could put
the .image and .changes file,

Milan