[Squeakland] Mozilla Plugin and Debian (Linux)

JP Glutting jpglutting at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 14:24:02 PST 2005

Thanks Bert.

I have been trying to install with the rpms (converted to .debs with
alien). It seems that these packages do not include the
SqueakPlugin.image file (I am not sure if they are supposed to...).

I downloaded the file that you linked, and copied it into
/usr/lib/squeak/, then ran /usr/lib/squeak/3.7b-5sl/npsqueakrun

When running Faceball in the browser, I get this on the terminal:

jpg at kidbox:~$ firefox
don't create MySqueak link on desktop
My Squeak -> /home/jpg/.npsqueak/My Squeak
start squeak from plugin
XShmAttach: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
X Error of failed request:  BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  132 (MIT-SHM)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
  Segment id in failed request:  0xc0000d
  Serial number of failed request:  69

The screenin blank, with "Done" in the status bar.

Does that help anyone?

Thanks for all your time.

Cheers,

JP