[Squeakland] Help recovering continued

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Jan 31 22:08:35 PST 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 3:48 pm, Bob Irving wrote:
> Thanks for the note, Kim.  When I say it "got gridded" (sorry for the
> non-technical language), I mean that it instantly hung: the grid
> appeared, the progress bar never showed up, and I lost control of the
> window by any means other than hitting ESC.  I couldn't click on
> anything at that point, or any point thereafter.

If it responded to your hitting Esc, then it already failed, and the details
would be in the previous (the real) project. So you hit Esc, then use the
World menu that then appears to go to the previous project (the real project)
and look for a debug notifier on the screen. Choose "save to log"; then send
the SqueakDebug.log file that is created in the default directory to us.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com