[Squeakland] overlapsAny:, having trouble using

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Mon Jul 4 22:23:21 PDT 2005

Hi, Dave,

Yes, please do post the project somewhere, and I (and others) will be
glad to have a look at it.

Your #makeTargets: code looks fine and ought to work.  Indeed, I just
now tried something equivalent to it in my example and it worked just
as well as if I'd created the siblings manually.

I think perhaps you intended to include another code snippet into
your email, the one that queries "altColDetectMethod," as per your
penultimate paragraph, but omitted it.  I presume that will be
present in the project you post, but if not, please send that along
as well.

We'll get to the bottom of this...

Cheers,

  -- Scott

PS:  How old are the kids you're working with?

PPS:  By the way, fwiw, you can actually achieve the same effect as
your #makeTargets entirely within the tile-script regime, without
needing to resort to textual scripting, using code like the following
to create, add, and position each sibling: