[Squeakland] clear object-specific pen trails

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Fri Jun 3 13:43:20 PDT 2005

Hi Alan,
I'm not sure whether to read into that that the UI will remain unchanged in
Tweak-etoys or not.  Anyway, I appreciate the "invitation" for feedback :)

One UI issue that seems to crop up for me fairly often is a tile-script
becoming unwieldy - in length.  Now this may be because I'm stretching the
limits of how etoys should be used.  But it seems a nice feature would be to
have an optional scrollbar on a tile-script (just as is present on the
textual code version of the script).  Similarly, the option of having a
scrollbar on the 'scripts' and 'variables' categories would be nice.

I'd also like to use etoys to teach some fun graphics apps that use simple
math.  However, writing something like:  a*x + b*y  becomes fairly
cumbersome in etoys.  For starters, there is no notion of operator
hierarchy, nor any parens for grouping - unless I'm mistaken.

Just some thoughts, Randy