[Squeakland] disappearing objects

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 17 19:09:00 PST 2005

Very interesting. I was able to recreate the problem doing the following:
* Start Squeak
* Get a trashcan (just delete some object)
* Get to the world's halo menu
* Turn off "accept drops" (aha! that's the trick)
* drop another object on the trash can
   -> notice it slide back
   -> notice the trash can stays open (this is the hint that I
      needed from your project ;-)
And now you're in the same situation that you have been describing.

To undo:
* Get the red halo menu of the world
* Turn on "accept drops"
* Halo click on some object (the halo will stick around)
* move that object over and out of the trash can
* Voila! Everything back to normal.

I guess we better disable that menu item on the world...

Cheers,
   - Andreas