[Squeakland] Squeak task analysis (please help me to improve my research)

Andre Furtado andrewilsonfurtado at yahoo.com.br
Fri Mar 18 19:47:45 PST 2005

Hi there,

I am writing my software engineering master thesis, which is related to visual tools to create games, and I'm looking for users (the more expert, the better) which could help me to describe common Squeak user actions using a hierarchical task analysis.

How does it work? I ask the user the steps needed to perform a single action (such as "How do I create a new animated character?") and then the user replies to me with the required steps, such as:

1. Create the animation frames

1.1 Open the drawing pad

1.2 Draw something for each animation frame

2. Define the animaton

2.1 Create a Holder

2.2 Add frames to holder

3.

3.1

3.2 ...

3.2.1 ...

I would really appreciate if you could be such a "test user". I have only a few tasks to be analysed and a loose deadline; it will not take you too much time. Test users will receive a very big "thank you" in the Acknowledgements section of the final version of my thesis.

Many thanks,
-- Andre Furtado