[Squeakland] Fwd: Supercomputing Conference Education Program inSeattle

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Sat Mar 19 03:57:46 PST 2005

Thanks for posting this, Kim.  I had previously contacted Krishna Madhavan
at Purdue who is the Curriculum Director for the SC Education Program,
expressing an interest in doing a tutorial (or whatever) that used Squeak.
I've since been confused over the actual deadline for submissions (as there
is both an April 30 and a May 23 deadline floating around for the Ed
submissions) and have contacted Cathie Dager (your posting) for
clarification.

Anyway, I have one Squeak-related idea for introducing "high-performance
computing" to elementary school kids, using modeling, graphics, and
message-passing, that I thought might be interesting.  If anyone at
Viewpoints or the greater Squeakland community has an interest in
collaborating on this, I'd love to hear from you.  In particular, I thought
it would be cool to do something similar to Yoshiki's Kedama.  I was
thinking of a space-partititioned, faux-multiprocessor, requiring
message-passing, cellular automata or artificial life project.

Any interest?

--Randy