[Squeakland] Recursion supported in etoys script ?

Kevin Lawrence kevin at diamond-sky.com
Mon Mar 28 11:47:58 PST 2005

Scott Wallace wrote:

> In Squeak, we would normally do this example using a ticking script,
> as you suggest, without the recursion.   If at each step the star
> used "stamp", the trail would end up with the same appearance as
> Kevin wanted, but all done using a single star rather than a whole
> series of them.
>
> But I think Kevin wanted to try it the way he did just to explore the
> possibilities of recursion in Squeak.

Thanks for all the help Scott - I added the "include in playfield" and
all was well.

I was helping a friend who was trying to make a grid of cells (he is
trying to do Conway's Life). We tried lots of different (failed)
approaches before resorting to recursion - at that point we would have
been happy with anything that worked :-)

If someone has a simpler (or more 'natural') algorithm for "draw a 20x20
grid of cells", I'd love to see it !

Thanks !

Kevin