[Squeakland] scripted drawing as an object?

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Thu May 26 02:29:03 PDT 2005

Hi, Randy,

There's no direct feature for doing this right now, though it's easy
enough to add one -- load in the attached project, for example -- it
adds an item "snapshot pen trails" to the various pen-trails-related
menus for a playfield; please try it out and see what you think.

By the way, when you do use one of the screen-grabbing tools to
create a new "Sketch," from pen-trails or from anything else on the
screen, here's a way you can get rid of those "more pixels than you
really want"...

From the halo menu of the SketchMorph created by the grab, choose
"painting..." and from the resulting submenu...

choose "erase pixels of color".  Now you'll be presented with a
cursor; click on the color of the superfluous background you want to
erase, and voilà! -- just what you wanted.  And notice that the
resulting Sketch is smartly trimmed down accordingly.

Cheers,

  -- Scott