[Squeakland] os-x Dashboard squeakland support

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat May 28 19:06:50 PDT 2005

Demand for os-x 10.4 (Tiger) Dashboard widgets has been high, so I've
been fiddling. Thus
find on my idisk, a Squeak dashboard widget.

http://homepage.mac.com/johnmci/FileSharing.html

Squeak.wdgt.zip

You must have installed the SqueakLand image/vm & browser plugin via
http://squeakland.org/plugin/installers/mac-x-std.html
I will of course assume any macintosh os-x users on this list have
done this step.

Then grab the widget, it is a

For now it's more proof concept and opens up at 500x500 using the
Default.png
Right click on bottom right to resize within the 500x500 area.
For some reason resizing bigger is noticed by Squeak but the
redrawing at say 600x600 is wrong, the port does not get bigger than
500x500.
You cannot drag objects in squeakland, this is a limitation I'm
attempting to resolve. I suspect you can alter/create project in the
normal squeakland environment,
then alter the widget's html to start the widget with a project of
your choice.

Things to do:
a) The Default.png and Icon.png are quick choices, someone who sends
me mail and examples could lobby for changes.
b) Interesting enough each invocation of the widget starts another
Squeak VM so you can have multiple independent VM running, they all
share the same read-only space, and can write to the My Projects
folder, not sure what the implications of doing this are, but it
seems ok.

I will note the plugin starts with
     src="http://www.squeakland.org/projects/EToy-Template.001.pr"
This can be change to start with any project you choose, I hope to
add the ability to set a preference and set the project of your choice.

===