[Squeakland] publish proj - save change set

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Nov 23 04:30:26 PST 2005

Hi, Randy,

This message comes up if the project you're publishing remembers any
Smalltalk code changes in its change-set.

Normally there are none, so you don't get confronted with the prompt.

But if you have ever "filed in" any code into the project, or
modified any code in a Smalltalk browser while within the project,
the project will continue to remember those code changes as
"belonging" to it, and will expect to publish those changes whenever
the project itself gets published, which leads to the prompt that
you're encountering.

Probably the image you're using has some code changes remembered in
the project that the image opens into.  Presumably at some point you
made some Smalltalk code changes or filed in some code, and then
saved your image in that state.

So one obvious cure is to start from a fresh image.

Another is to develop the habit of always building "new" projects
(using NEW in the Nav-bar) rather than assembling content in the
project that your image opens into.

However, it makes sense for you to clear out the change-set in your
working image, since obviously the changes that are remembered there
are unintentional and unwanted -- so here's one way to clean that up:

*  Start up your image, open a workspace, and into it type or paste:

	ChangeSet current clear

*  Select what you just typed or pasted, and then choose 'do it' from
the workspace's text-editing (middle-button) menu (or hit cmd-d /
alt-d.)

*  This will clear out the changes from the project's change-set.

*  Now dismiss the workspace, and save your image.

*  Henceforth, you won't be bedeviled by the prompt when you build
and publish content using this image.

Cheers,

  -- Scott