[Squeakland] Fwd: misc: elementNumber, obj id

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Oct 5 20:19:15 PDT 2005

Hi, Randy,

Here's one way to approach this kind of thing...

Add a new variable to your object, name it (say) "newGuy", and set
its "value type" to "Player".  You can then use this variable to
refer to the new copies as you make them, and using this you can
*talk* to the new copies, to set them up with whatever
characteristics you prefer.

Thus, in your example, the "variables" pane in a Viewer would look
something like:

Now in your script to make a copy and add it to the playfield, do
something like this:

You'll find the idNumber of the first copy you make will be 2; the
next one will have idNumber 3, and so forth, just as desired.

Cheers,

   -- Scott