[Squeakland] More advanced file browser?

Wendell III wendell at meetro.com
Sat Oct 8 08:33:24 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I was just watching the Extremadura Squeak video, and noticed that
everyone was using the Gnome file browsers to add their images to
Squeak. This got me thinking about more self-contained functionality,
and made me curious to know if anyone was working on a more "visual"
file browser, or even support for common network filesystems for Squeak
itself? I realize that the idea of files goes against the Smalltalk
philosophy, but since we do unfortunately live in a world of files, it
probably makes sense?

Thanks all,
-Wendell