[Squeakland] More advanced file browser?

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 01:54:17 PDT 2005

Heh. Amazingly enough, I usually find stuff in the vanilla Squeak file
browser much quicker than in the Windows variant. I dunnow what it is,
but something was done right in the design of that UI and any souping
up will probably kill it (one of the reasons I walked away from
Gnome/KDE/... was that in their futile attempts to mimick Windows they
killed most of the performance and usability in the original
versions...).

Anyway, to me the biggest hurdle to using the file browser is the
awful performance of the Morphic tree control.

Just my 2 eurocents. YMMV.