[Squeakland] Deleting multiple copies of an object?

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Tue Oct 11 23:25:59 PDT 2005

Hi, Bob,

The easiest thing in a situation like this is to select all the
unwanted objects using "group select," then to hit the pink X
halo-handle of the "group halo"  to delete all of the selected
objects at once:

To do this, hold down the shift key as you mouse-down on the Squeak
"desktop" somewhere above and to the left of the stack of unwanted
objects, and then drag-through rightward and downwards, with the
mouse-button still down, letting up on the button once the cursor is
below and to the right of the stack of objects.  This will do a
"group select" on all the objects enclosed by the selection rectangle
thus drawn.  Now a simple click on the "X" of the resulting "group
halo" will delete all of the selected objects at once.

Cheers,

   -- Scott

PS:  Note that this "group select" feature is also useful for
repositioning a group of objects on the screen without changing their
positions relative to one another.