[Squeakland] a question about siblings

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Tue Oct 18 09:07:53 PDT 2005

Hi Randy --

The idea of siblings is to make parametrically similar objects. So it's an
interesting question just which parameter values should be transmitted or
remain distinct. If the "graphic" is repainted on a sibling, we certainly
don't want the change to be automatically propagated to the rest (any more
than we want the position or heading be automatically transmitted). OTOH,
we might want to selectively transmit some of the values from one object to
all. E.g. we might want to say "let all my siblings have my graphic".

Right now we are pretty much restricting this to control state rather than
property values ....

Cheers,

Alan