[Squeakland] Question about Powerful Ideas Project 5

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Sun Oct 30 04:05:08 PST 2005

Hi Mark --

Every Etoy object has a pen (they are all "turtles with costumes"). So
instead of having an opaque plotting feature, we just have the kids use a
small object (like an ellipse), put the pen down and write a ticking script
like

            ellipse's x increase by 1
            ellipse's y <- <the value to be plotted>

This is nice and simple, and also makes plotting understandable.

Cheers,

Alan

---------