[Squeakland] Squeak for 5 and 7 year olds

Harish Pillay h.pillay at ieee.org
Sun Oct 30 08:31:13 PST 2005

Hi.  I am taking the forthcoming school holidays here in
Singapore to get my two sons (Ajay 7 and Amrish 5) to
get to use Squeak.  They have it installed in two machines -
one Red Hat Desktop 4 and the other Fedora Core 3.

All is well and I have just gotten the Squeak book from
the local library.

I am sure this has been asked before (I have not searched
the archives of this list), but what would be a good set of
2 or 3 things that I can get them to do?  There is a tutorial
about the car and have explored most of what looks obvious
to me.  My sons have also explored quite a but of squeak
(they like the piano keyboard and blob objects).

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks.

Harish
PS: My sincere thanks to all those who have helped create
Squeak.  I would like to contribute and am hoping to get
this work with my sons as a time to gather materials and
suggestions so that I can do a writeup.