[Squeakland] misc: elementNumber, obj id

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Wed Sep 28 09:16:28 PDT 2005

Can someone tell me a bit more about this tile in the miscellaneous
category?  Its balloon help says "my index in my container".  I'm simply
experimenting with some siblings in a playfield, seeing if I can have
sibling-dependent behavior based on each sibling's identifier/elementNumber.
It seems that whenever I grab one of the siblings and move it, its
elementNumber changes.  I'd like some fixed identifier assoc'd with each
sibling.

--Randy