[Squeakland] I want to introduce squeakland to my Chinese friends

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Thu Apr 6 10:21:29 PDT 2006

  Hello, Xinyu,

> I am a programmer come from China. From a friend I got to know about squeakland.
> I think it is really a great thing. It can help kids in all ages learn something while playing.
> However, when I search squeakland materials in Chinese by Google, I found that there
> is little Chinese information about it, nor a Chinese community.
>
> So, I decide to translate some basic background of squeakland to Chinese language.
> I just tried a couple of pages in www.squeakland.org. But I used some images, pictures,
> and links from www.squeakland.org. Is it OK? Can you give me a permission that I can
> use them? I just want to continue this work, to try my personnal best to introduce squeak
> to China, to let more and more chinese people know about it.

  That sounds great!

  There is a fairly well translated site in Japanese with original
content plus Japanese oriented news:

http://www.squeakland.jp/

I'm not at the position of giving the permission, but there is a
preceding example, so it should be ok.

  Squeak is "multilingualized" and there are successfully deployed
versions for Japanese and Korean.  (I happen to be the person who did
it.)  Supporting Chinese is straightforward but I haven't get around
doing it.  (Even there have been a few requests in the past from
Chinese speaking people already.  Sorry for my laziness.)

> the translated Chinese pages are here:
> http://liuxinyu95.googlepages.com/squeakland   main page
> http://liuxinyu95.googlepages.com/squeakland.kids.home  kids play page
> http://liuxinyu95.googlepages.com/squeakland.plugin.download  download page
> http://liuxinyu95.googlepages.com/squeakland.school.home  school staff page
> http://liuxinyu95.googlepages.com/squeakland.community.home community page
> http://liuxinyu95.googlepages.com/squeak  squeak introduce page

  Looks good (though I can't really tell^^;)  Keep up with good work!

-- Yoshiki