[Squeakland] Making Cultural simulations on Kedama

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co
Sun Aug 13 12:57:42 PDT 2006

Hi Serge,

Sorry for my late response. I was making some changes in my laptop, so I
have not chance to work on this until last week.

Serge Stinckwich escribió:

[...]
> Hi,
>
> some of my students have made similar "social" simulations with the help
> of Kedama, for example they implement the segration model of Schelling
> (http://www-eco.enst-bretagne.fr/~phan/complexe/schelling.html)
>
> Look in the french Squeak wiki here : http://community.ofset.org/wiki/Kedama

I have seen your examples and seem great. I liked specially the Art
examples.
> Sorry only in french.

Umm... I'm 100% agree with the development of localized content. I have
started some spanish effort on documentation of Kedama... My concern is
that, as newbie as I'm on Squeak and Kedama, may be is better trying to
learn while I'm implementing the model I want to work that try to learn
understanding an automatically translated documentation (your model of
Schelling are pretty well documented but automatic translations on
babelfish are not a good starting point for a newbie like me).

I will try to implement the Axelrod model for culture disemination while
I'm learning Squeak and I will try to ask questions while I'm doing
this. I hope that I can count with the help of the Kedama experts here
and I promise to document all the process.

Cheers and thanks again for your help,

Offray

AVISO LEGAL: El presente correo electronico no representa la opinion o el consentimiento oficial de la PONTIFICIA UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA. Este mensaje es confidencial y puede contener informacion privilegiada la cual no puede ser usada ni divulgada a personas distintas de su destinatario. Esta prohibida la retencion, grabacion, utilizacion, aprovechamiento o divulgacion con cualquier proposito. Si por error recibe este mensaje, por favor destruya su contenido y avise a su remitente.
En este aviso legal se omiten intencionalmente las tildes.

Este mensaje ha sido revisado por un sistema antivirus, por lo que su contenido esta libre de virus.
This e-mail has been scanned by an antivirus system, so its contents is free of viruses.