[Squeakland] publishing files

Michael Rueger michael at squeakland.org
Sat Dec 2 02:32:24 PST 2006

Randy Goldenberg wrote:
> On Wednesday November 15, 2006, stvcomplab at aol.com wrote:
>
>>     I'm trying to use SQUEAK at my school. All the computers are networked
>>    thru a Novell server. I would like to control the location of the student
>>    files so that they go to the student's home directory on the server.
>>    Any help would be appreciated.

Which reminds me that I still needed to follow-up with the list.
In the attached zip archive you can find a modified version of the
Squeak.ini file that resides in the Squeak installation folder (usually
C:\Program Files\Squeak\Plugin).

The addition entry

[security]
UserDirectory=%HomePath%

points Squeak to user the home directory of the user.
If you want to use a networked drive, you can also edit to to look like,
e.g.

[security]
UserDirectory=H:

Michael