[Squeakland] Help needed on reply about squeak

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Dec 11 08:23:38 PST 2006

What would be really helpful is some tutorial projects that are
downloaded right with the etoys installation. That is what we're
doing with the OLPC version, for which we also are working on better
language rendering support.

The OLPC etoys version should run fine on any machine. But making the
example projects appear in the general projects list requires some
work, and making the font choices configurable (they are set up for a
200 dpi screen now) would also be necessary. A plan of action would
be for someone to make a nice general etoys package from that version:

	http://etoys.laptop.org/src/etoys-image-and-pr.zip

Or rather from the etoys-dev image which includes source files at

	http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/

We (VPRI hackers) can certainly assist with that, though our main
focus is the actual kid's machine right now.

- Bert -