[Squeakland] The Weekly Squeak, Light Edition No. 18: December 18th - December 24th

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Fri Feb 3 09:50:12 PST 2006

Dear squeakers,

Hello, and welcome back to The Weekly Squeak, a weekly report on
what's going on in the world of Squeak.

We're back! Due to some personal problems of some member of the News
Team (mostly of its team leader, who was and still is swamped in
pre-graduation work), we had to suspend the pubblication of The Weekly
Squeak. In the coming days, we'll try to recover with the pubblication
of Light Editions of TWS. These light editions will contain pointers to
interesting and useful messages which have been sent to the various
Squeak-related mailing lists.
If you'd like to volunteer some time to submit newsbits or article,
please feel free to join us on news at lists.squeakfoundation.org .

In this issue you'll find:
     1. Goran Krampe On Socket vs OldSocket and on SocketStreams
     2. Questions and Comments from a Squeak/Seaside Newbie
     3. How to determine programmatically your operating system from
        Squeak
     4. A holiday morph from Edgar J. De Cleene

You'll find the complete report at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5740 .

The past issues archive can be found at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5751 .